Radiant Cut Engagement Rings

Why Are Radiant Cut Engagement Rings Cheaper?

Radiant Cut Engagement Rings
Radiant Cut Engagement Rings
Radiant Cut Engagement Rings

One of the most important factors when it comes to selecting diamond engagement rings is its price and this is very much dependent on the shape of the cut. The most expensive is the round cut, while fancy shapes like radiant cut engagement ringsare less expensive. This is the reason it is one among the 4C’s i.e. cut, color, carat and clarity that determines the quality of any diamond. Read on to know how the shape of diamond cut impacts it’s price, as well as engagement ring’s.

Why Does The Price Of Diamond Change According To Its Shape?

Natural diamonds come in rough forms which are cut into different shapes preferred by customers. These are cut into specific shapes by the cutter and can result in the removal of 20% to 60% of the original weight of the stone, and this amount varies for different types of diamond cut. For example; for the most expensive cut i.e. round brilliant cut 60% of the material is removed, leaving only 40% of the original stone remaining. Whereas, for a fancy shape like princess cut only 20% of the original is removed leaving behind 80% of the original stone. Besides, the discarded stone material cannot be used and hence it affects the pricing of the stone.

Radiant cushion cut diamond engagement rings are cheaper because such fancy cut shapes can use cheaper rough stones for the centre stone. Most of the rough stones mined for diamonds will contain inclusions, so they cannot be used for making high quality brilliant cuts like round cut diamond. This is because these flaws can affect the brilliance of the diamond, also the shape of the roughs will make it difficult to work on them. So, these imperfect roughs are sold cheap making the diamond cuts out of them cheaper.

Some Of The Diamond Cuts

Round Cut: This is the most expensive diamond cut and also the most popular choice for engagement and wedding rings. Also, this accounts for 75% of diamonds sold worldwide and because of this there is high demand for this shape, so jewelers pay a premium.

Radiant Cut: Radiant cut combines the brilliance of round cut with the large size of emerald cut, they appear to be large due to the unique shape. Apart from this, radiant cut engagement rings are a preferred choice by those people with an active lifestyle because of its durability.

Cushion Cut: These are square shaped diamonds with rounded edges and it has good light dispersion. Radiant cushion cut diamond engagement rings are liked by people due to its value for money and brilliance.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.Required fields are marked *