Radiant cut diamonds boast a history of around 20 years. Hence, this extremely alluring diamond cut is often referred to as the grandfather of the trending fancy diamond cuts. The main highlight of radiant cut diamonds is its faceted pavilion. In fact, this is the first diamond cut to feature a faceted pavilion. Typically, a radiant cut diamond boasts 70 facets giving it a captivating and striking sparkle. Unsurprisingly, most millennial couples tend to choose radiant cut engagement rings to spruce up their special day.
Plus, radiant cut diamonds boast a square silhouette that can easily draw the attention of passersby. Note that radiant cut diamonds are also known as square modified brilliants. However, the angled corners of these square cut diamonds are vulnerable to chipping and other damages. In order to tackle this, the diamond cutters have truncated its corners. Even though radiant cut diamond rings will be the best bet for your engagement and wedding, some people will be still skeptical about it. In order to help you out, below are some of the valuable reasons that people choose radiant cut diamond engagement rings these days.
- The Radiant diamond cut is actually a mixed cut making it a unique option to flaunt on your big day. In other words, radiant cut diamond engagement rings will be the perfect option for you if you admire the charisma and appeal of both the brilliant and step cuts.
- Some people might confuse radiant cut diamonds with its princess cut counterparts. Note that you can easily distinguish both these options with the difference in their corners. In fact, the truncated corners of radiant cut diamonds add to its beauty making it a superior option than princess cut diamonds.
- A radiant diamond cut is a versatile option and hence, you can choose tons of designs to set it. Typically, a radiant cut diamond flanked with a baguette or a round brilliant diamond on each side is the most popular option.
- It can be said that the brilliance offered by a radiant cut diamond can blind all other people in the area. In fact, it can outshine almost all other fancy diamond cuts. Therefore, radiant cut diamond engagement rings will be your way to go if you want to stand out from the rest of the crowd on your big day.
- Like traditional square cut diamonds, the edges of the radiant cut diamonds do not stick out. Since the edges of the latter are well-truncated, the prongs securing the tips will not snag on your clothes or any other fabrics. Your diamond ring will not catch your strand of hair on its edges as well. This will be extremely crucial if you are choosing the diamond for your engagement or wedding day.